How do I sign up to become a member?
- Click the green button in the upper right-hand corner labeled “Join Now” to fill in the required information, then click “Submit” to create your account. You will then receive an email that verifies your username and password so you can sign in with ease, and access anything the site has to offer. (*NOTE: All CE courses will then include a link to the exam when signed into your account).
How much does it cost to become a member?
- A Richmond Institute membership is free of charge.
Can I complete a course for CE credit without becoming a member of The Richmond Institute?
- No. However, membership is easy, quick, and FREE. Anyone can view course content, but only members can access the exam that must be completed to earn CE credit.
What are the benefits of having a membership?
- One of the main benefits that members have over guests is that they have access to everything on the site, while visitors can only view certain sections and materials. The table below explains the other benefits as well that are also included in a new membership:
Who do I contact if I’m having trouble with my account?
- If you experience any issues or questions regarding your account, or anything on the site, please contact email@example.com or call 847-458-5417 for additional inquiries.
How do I change or reset my password?
- Once you have officially set up your account, you can either click “Reset my Password” under the login page (before signing in), or click “My Account” in the upper right-hand corner (after logging in) which will then take you to the option to “Change Password”.
How do I edit my profile / account information?
- Once you have officially signed up, just log in and click “My Account” in the upper right-hand corner, then click “Edit my Information” to revise any details about your account as you see fit.
Is The Richmond Institute an ADA CERP recognized provider?
- Yes—The Richmond Institute for Continuing Dental Education is an ADA CERP recognized provider ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
How do I get my free first course once I sign up?
- As soon as you’re done creating your account, you are then eligible to get any first course free of charge just by clicking the “Take the Exam for CE Credit” button after the article; from there, you will automatically be waived the $20.00 fee that usually abides when obtaining any number of CE credits
What does it cost to complete a course online for CE credit and what are the payment options?
- The cost to complete a course for CE credit is posted on each course summary page. Most courses cost $20, but prices may vary, so be sure to check pricing on the course summary page(s) of the course(s) you are interested in taking. As of October 2011, any course offered on The Richmond Institute website must be paid for online (prior to the exam) with a major credit card—Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express—or PayPal account. No other form of payment will be accepted. The Richmond Institute can also only accept payments from individuals who live and/or practice in the United States or select U.S. Territories.
What is the policy on refunds for completed/paid courses?
- All courses purchased from this website are final and non-refundable.
Can I read a course without paying to take the exam for CE credit?
- All courses can be viewed and read for free. However, the only way to earn CE credit is by paying to take the corresponding exam.
What score do I need to get on the exam in order to pass?
- A minimum score of 80% must be obtained on the course exam (10 questions total) in order to be granted CE recognition. It is important to note that there is no limit to the number of times members can re-take the exam in order to achieve a passing grade.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the material discussed in the course?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and list your question(s) for the author. Please allow a few business days for a response as The Richmond Institute corresponds with the author to address your questions.
How/when will I receive verification of CE credit once I pass the exam?
- You will receive verification of CE credit immediately after submitting a qualifying score for the associated exam. Proof of accreditation will be emailed to the account included in your profile, complete with the date, title, and number of credits that relate to the course you just completed.
What if I do not receive an email after completing a CE course?
- If you submitted a passing exam for a course, and did not receive an email that verifies your CE credits, please contact email@example.com or click the “My Account” button to “View My Previous Test Results” and obtain CE verification letter(s) and/or result(s) for every course you have ever taken on The Richmond Institute website.
Who do I contact if I am having technical difficulty with the website?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-458-5417 for assistance. Business hours are 8am to 5pm CST, Monday through Friday.